Thursday, March 25, 2010

NZD 12182009

Cook’s Straight

Crossing from the North to the South Island takes about 3 hours.  I am not one who handles the sea very well, so we found our seats and I settled in.  James went up on deck.  I glad he did so I could see his pictures.

I love the layers of the land and how the one closest is the shadow of the cloud and the those further back are in the midst leaving the one in the middle to be brought out.  I like how the sea and the clouds remain straight to frame in the land to draw my eye in there.  I like the promise of sunlight on the tops of the cloud and slightly on the sea.image

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We use to play a game with the kids on road trips, count the number of layers you see. This is perfect for that.

Life Looms Large said...

That photo really captures the mood of a crossing.

I'm your sister in seasickness unfortunately! Ugh!

Sue