Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NZD 12182009

The Tide is Out

I am not accustomed to such a dramatic change when the tide goes out.  I cannot even find the sea in this picture, but I do find the "channels” it has left behind.  I like the waves in the sand and how the wisps of clouds try to follow the waves.  I like the rocks that bring in texture and the light gleaming to bring out those rocks.   I also like that the horizon is still defined by land.  It gives me something to look at far in the distance.image

2 comments:

kaiteM said...

That's a long, long tide. I'd probably get caught hunting for shells or something! Kaite

Life Looms Large said...

That's a gorgeous sky....I like how the patterns in the sand and in the sky are similar.

There's somewhere in Florida that has a lot of sand exposed during low tide. Can't remember where at the moment.

Our New England beaches have a high range of water differences, but also steep beaches so we don't see tides like that either.

Sue