In the congregation on Christmas Eve, there also was a harpist - and I am so glad I didn't know she was there until afterward! She owns a number of harps and rents out what is not currently in use. I've been wondering what it would be like to move to a pedal harp - so maybe in 2009 I'll get a change to try it without the huge investment! Hmmmm.... All I need is something new to pick up!
So now that all of those performances are over I can make a serious move from the harp's nylon strings to the wool of the weaving! I did finish the transparency sampler before Christmas Eve. I do like it in the fact that I did achieve the trans- parency and did get some definite lines between the blocks. The choice of colors and blending did hinder seeing all of the blocks. Still, the engineer in me was hoping for more definite lines just in this case. So I'm thinking of remaking the sampler with eccentricly woven blocks. I'm hoping the texture change would give better definition. That'll be the project the next few days.
One other weaving project I've been keeping secret can now be told since we are past Christmas! I have 4 nephews. We had found fossils sometime in September for them and learned in my tapestry weaving class how to make pouches by weaving around cardboard. On and off as we traveled, I would pull out wool from needlepoint days and made 4 pouches with their initials on them. Once opened, my sister even hung them on the tree - what a happy addition. Maybe she'll fill them up every Christmas....
However you decide to spend it,
I hope you have a happy new year!