Saturday, April 3, 2010

NZD 12192009

Little Green Crab

Another awaiting the tide to come back in. 

I like the darkness of the crab against the golden sand and the white shell.  I cropped a number of times in different ways and settled on this closeup that includes a bit of “channel” along the granite rocks that leads to the crab.  I like the details of the crab – every line of every joint and those beady little eyes., but I also like his front claws being tucked underneath just out of view.image

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh my he is little! Love the colors. We use to refer to that as bottle green. Maybe I'll have to knit a green companion for my bright red Deadliest Crab!
Kitchen renovation. Oh my, sending out lots of prayers for inspiration and patience! Give the duo a pet from me too. :-)

Life Looms Large said...

Plus, good job getting complimentary colors and contrasting values in that picture!

Sue

kaiteM said...

a delightful little crab and very nicely cropped too. |<.