Friday, April 30, 2010

a day of change

Today was my last day of employment at a great company.  It’s a day filled with all sorts of emotions with a few goodbyes, but a number of see-you-laters.  I was grateful for the day.  There is something therapeutic about cleaning out one’s office and looking back through all sorts of memories.  There is also something precious about finally telling people exactly how much you appreciate them.  I am glad for the opportunity and I think I’ve learned that one should never wait until the day of change to do and say these things.

This was my choice.  I have been offered an opportunity I just did not think I could pass up.  I look forward to seeing how far I can take me and I really hope this new position is something that I was meant to do.  You know – something that comes naturally and is really not work.  I told one today that it’s my hope that it will be something that is an extension of who I am.  I could be dreaming up a fantasy, but dreaming is what I do best!

And with the change comes moving.  Yes moving!  We may get to enjoy the kitchen for a whole summer.  Of course, I would only be at the house on the weekends!  It’s a whirlwind and all I can do is take it one day at a time. 

As for today – it is one I will always cherish.

3 comments:

kaiteM said...

two huge changes, time for celebration but also time to celebrate slowly so you remember every minute of it. have you asked the dogs how they feel about it?? haha...k.

Jennifer said...

Kaite, I have mentioned it to the dogs and they haven't commented as of yet. The beauty is that where we are moving will be far more fun for them. I intend to get more land and the location is right next to a national forest. that means hiking a lot more often! I think ultimately they will be pleased! Jen

Life Looms Large said...

I'm intrigued. I admit it. I'm very curious about what you'll be up to and where you're heading.

Congrats on setting off on a new adventure!! I hope it goes well for you. (And the dogs will love to be next to a national forest!!!)

Sue