Weaving also changed everyday throughout the week. As was shown yesterday, I started with a solid color. I realized when I looked at the instructors work what I loved best was the ability to see the wedge weave. What I mean is that she had dyed her own yarns and the varigation of the yarn allowed me to see the yarn was woven on an angle clearly from a few feet away. Learning that lesson, I started blending my colors to attempt the same effect. I also chose a contrast from the first block of colors and a sharp change was born. I struggled with those first few wedges wondering if this is what I really wanted. There was a lot trying something with the next wedge, but then tearing out again. I also had decided that the wedges would not be the same thickness so there would not be symmetry in the piece. One because I like assymetry, but also I felt it would hide my mistakes better! So Tuesday I didn't advance very far, but learned a great deal! I was also brave enough to put in a bit of the tangerine for a little pop of color.
Wednesday I felt a better rhythm, but I also stuck with just working on the floor loom. I had grand plans of moving between the floor loom and the tapestry loom I brought thinking that I'd be in the same mind set, etc. I then decided that I would be better served to concentrate on the floor loom since I cannot take it home with me. I again changed shades with the next block of colors, but I kept one constant dark green solid zig zag. It sometimes "falls off" the piece to the right. I thought it would be interesting for it to "reappear" on the other piece. So I let it run where it may. I'm really enjoying having no plan and just deciding one wedge at a time.
Thursday was the big decision day. I had woven 9 inches the past three days. I decided that I wanted this piece to be at least 4 inches less or more than 16". That ensured the companion piece on the tapestry loom would not be square (again my hope to hide mistakes). I had woven 3 inches on Wednesday night, so I thought it was possible to weave 3 inches by lunch time. If it worked then I would shoot for 3 inches after lunch and 3 Thursday night. That would leave me only 2 inches for Friday to get to 20" long. That seemed reasonable and fortunately it was. I did complete all 9 inches on Thursday and fell into bed late that night!