Sunday, June 13, 2010

When is a Bedroom and Bedroom?

There is still a lot going on with the house.  These finishing touches are always the death of me!  In any case, in between coats of paint, I’m back in the rest of the house looking at how to declutter and create bedrooms.  We have what we would call 3 bedrooms, but only use one as such.  One good friend made a suggestion that the other two should be converted into bedrooms so there is NO argument on the definition.  He also gave suggestions on how to do so.  I’ve taken his advice using what was readily available.  I’m pretty proud of the results – and there’s even a bit of a weaving angle to it.  If I offend any of the weavers out there – I humbly apologize and my only defense is WE MUST SELL THIS HOUSE!

imageWe have these modular barrister bookcases that fill one of the rooms.  Somehow they must also disappear – or at least part of them.  There’s also two wooden file cabinets that need to find a home.  The file cabinets became the headboard.

 

 

I then dismantled them and placed four sets at the four corners of the box spring.  You can also see the queen air mattress along the wall.  I also now had this wonderful space in the center.  Hmmm, what shall I hide there?imageAh, the loom!  And then the cross beams can span the gap to keep the air mattress from sagging!    image With the air mattress in place, a bedspread and a few pillows, I think we are well on our way!  Now to find an armoire fro a closet….image

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Perfect solution and it looks great! Made room, staged a room and left no room for discussion on what the room is for! :-)

K Spoering said...

Very clever! Is the house going on the market? Have you done all your recent work on it to sell it?

Susan said...

Very clever!

So what happens if someone viewing the house sits on the bed?

Not that they should mind you...

Just saying...

Jennifer said...

Thanks! I have wondered about someone sitting on the bed. As long as it is on the edge there should be no injury. I'm actually more worried a dog will think it's a new place to hang out!

Kathy we are moving from SC to Tennessee. I've gotten a new job and we are in that transition.

Life Looms Large said...

Brilliant idea!! Plus you could probably stash more stuff you want to hide inside the new "bed", making your closets appear larger, etc.

I love the blue on the wall in the first photo!

Fingers crossed that a buyer crosses paths with your house quickly!

Sue