We are in the process of renovating and one of the changes will be to create a music room on the back porch where the floor is slate and the ceiling is beadboard. The main drawback and greatest feature is that the porch is lined with windows. The plan is to have UV blocking film installed AND I would like to have shades that can be drawn where we are not here to block out even more rays. My new focus then is to create aprons to hide the hardware of the shades and I would like the fronts of these to be a tapestry weaving.
At one point in the house renovations (it's been never ending since we moved in) I made a stained glass window in the same tile patterns as the slate. I've decided to do the same with the apron tapestry, but to pick a different portion of the pattern for each window. I've got those picked out and now I'm looking at colors of yarn. Hmmm..... it's hard to decide.
While I'm looking I've warped the loom for a final tapestry 8 inches wide and 36 inches long. that has required warping continuously - which is a first for me and this loom. It all went well and it also gave me an opportunity to create a new set of leashes the maximum width of the loom. I've tried using figure 8s in the past to link the leashes to the warp, but a width change must be thought through. I created the leashes this time with out any coupling like the figure 8's so that the leashes were the length I wanted them to be. This seems to be the first step - warp the the maximum width and leash as normal. Stay tuned and we'll see how the slip rings work with the next time I warp.